On Saturday, January 17th around 3:15 in the morning I woke up having a contraction and I didn't think much of it since I had experianced these before. Instantly I had to pee so I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. However I didn't exactly make it all the way to the toliet instead I wet my pants or so I thought. As I sat on the toliet thinking about how emberassing it is was that I just peed my pants when I then realized I couldn't stop. I yelled for Josh who was snooring away in bed that I thought my water had broke. I thought it would come gushing out but no it was just a small steady stream. Josh and I then decided to take showers and get ready just in case. We would go get checked at the hospital and worst case we figured we could just come home if we had to. Around 4 we headed to Kadlec, by the time we arrived at the hospital my contractions were more frequent and the small steady stream I was talking about was more like a drain! I walked in the hospital and water the running down my leg, talk about embaressing! When we got the birthing center they took us straight to a room and checked me and sure enough my water had broke and I was dialted to 4.5 cm. and was about 90% effaced. I thought well if contractions are like this I can totally handle an all natural birthing experiance. NOT about 3 hours later I was begging, crying, screaming for the epideral. Josh said I had the mouth of a trucker, but honestly it was as I had lost control of my enitre body! Around 11:45 I strated to push. Around 1:00 the doctor said that Easton was stuck on my pevis and that he wasn't coming around. He said I had two options, one to use a vacum to help me get him out or to do an emergancy c-sectioon. I thought there in no way in hell that I am going to have a c-section after pushing for the last 2 hours! We decided to try the vacume first. After another 20 mins of pushing with the vacume the doctor gave me an episiotomy, I knew by the look in his face that if I didn't get Easton out within the next few mins I was in trouble so I beared down and pushed the hardest I possibly could and I didn't stop until my baby boy was out! He came out perfect and was alert. His cry was the most beautiful noise I had ever heard. It is a moment we will never forget!
After admiring him on my chest for about 30 minutes they took Easton to weight and measure him. During this time I realized the doctor was still stitching me up. I asked him how bad the episiotomy was, he looked me straight in the eyes and said "Sarah it is not good you have a fourth degree tear". I just looked at him and said are you sure. He was sure and more. It's one of those things you think and fear in birthing class. I never wanted to be cut much less tear all the way through. Why me! Just going to the bathroom is a chore along with walking up the stairs, and sitting down. If I had to do it all over again I would for the miricle that I got at the end I would have done anything!
My advice to all of you is just go with the flow, if you have a birthing plan great but don't get set on it. If you are worried about being cut or tearing trust me in the end you won't care!
1 comment:
I am so happy for you! I am so excited for my baby but very nervous! Britt and I are taking a prenatal class together and hopefully we will learn all we need to. I hope you are healing well, but judging by that little babies face, I am sure it is worth it. God bless you!
Post a Comment