Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We decided it's going to be a surprise!

Last Thursday I came home from a meeting and Josh was sitting at the kitchen table awaiting my arrival. My meeting was at Applebee's so I came home with some dinner on the go! As I gave him his food he asked me to sit down so we could talk. I was slightly worried that maybe I had overspent our budget this month or was somehow or way in trouble. I cautiously sat down and asked him what was going on. I was not prepared for what I was about to hear!

Josh started out telling me that he felt we missed out on the whole surprise that we are pregnant situation. Instead everyone knew we were going through IVF and then we shared the news right away in excitement. Josh loves surprises and he really feels like he (we) missed out on the surprise. With all the stress over shots, fertility apts, and check ups Josh was begging me to not find out what the sex of our baby is. For those of you who know me and know we well this is not in my nature. I am a planner and have been my whole life. I like surprises but I would rather just know instead of waiting. For Josh to say lets wait and see find out the sex of the baby when we have him/her is not something I can take lightly. My heart started to race and I thought I can't do this! For whatever reason I suddenly felt a calming sense take over and I looked at Josh and said you know what your right. This is your baby as well and we do deserve a surprise, both Josh and I. Through this whole ordeal I think God and our baby has taught me it's ok to be patient and to wait.

I did however tell Josh I needed a significant budget for when baby Murphy arrived to purchase gender appropriate clothing. That was my only stipulation. We have waited this long for a baby and when it comes down to it we just really want a healthy baby.

Wish we luck on our this adventure to waiting.... I think I am going to need more help than Josh!

3 comments:

The Love Family said...

I think it is great that you are going to wait for the big suprise. I am just like you and love to plan everything! Best wishes on your journey. I hope your first trimester is treating you well. I love the baby countdown on the blog, I am going to steal that idea in a couple of weeks :)

The Overstreets said...

Sarah Margaret...I am soooooo happy for you. I now how much of an emotional roller coaster it can be when you are pregnant, so if you need anything...let me know! Tell Josh hello and take care of yourself...and be selfish. You deserve to be very very SELFISH!!!! :) Love you!

Lindsey and David said...

Yay for babies! I am glad you are feeling great and the baby is healthy!