On Monday, May 19th we meet with Dr. Rawlins our new OB here in the Tri-Cities. Dr. R recommended we go see him and Josh and I decided to take his advice. Plus we won't have to create a relationship between our two doctors. We were very happy with Dr. Rawlins he is very proactive which is exactly what we need!
He put me on a prenatal vitamin called Neevo, it's for patients associated with high risk pregnancies. He suggested we started on it right away to just cover all our bases. It suppose to help women who have reoccurring miscarriages as well and even though we have never had a miscarriage Dr. Rawlins wants to take all precautions. I am also taking fish oil vitamins and I have to be honest they are not my favorite! But I remind myself each day it's not about me it's about having a healthy baby!
We will only have to see Dr. R in Spokane two more times and then we will be released to Dr. Rawlins. Since I am considered high risk I will have to see Dr. Rawlins every other week until 12 weeks to ensure that everything is progressing the way it should. If all goes well then I will get to move to normal category. Just when you think your considered normal they tell you not until 12 weeks. Josh reminded me at least we get to see the baby more often and will have the peace of mind that things are o.k.
Tomorrow will be our first ultrasound. We won't see much but we will at least be able to see the sac where the baby is in. I am anxious and excited. I just keep praying. I have to be honest each morning I wake up I thank God for giving me today and blessing us with a growing baby inside me. I just don't want to miss anything. I have felt great, besides occasional heart burn and being tired I think I have it pretty good so far. I have noticed that I get headaches in the afternoon and I am always starving. I feel like I can never get full enough to be satisfied. I am trying to make healthy choices.
I will keep you posted on our Friday appointment. After this drive to Spokane we will only have to make one more trip! YEAH
We love you all and thank you for all your prayers and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment