I went and saw Dr. R today for a consultation and exam. Josh and I knew this day would come where we would have to consider thinking about Murphy baby #2. We chose to keep our snow babies in Spokane and they will keep your babies frozen for up to a year and then they ask you to consider a frozen embryo transfer (FET). Dr. R office is a short term home for them so unless we wanted to ship them further away we knew a FET would occur after Easton turned one. All my tests came back great. My FSH levels are still high but Dr. R was impressed with my ovaries and everything else. I might have a problem getting pregnant but everything else seems to look good. Our babies were doing well. We currently have 9, 4 of them are top notch grade A embryo's, 5 of them are day 6 embryo's and more like a B grade. Dr. R said he could see us having three FET with what we had and he can't promise us anything but he can see us having at least one more child. A FET has about a 40% success rate and the fresh cycle we did with Easton had about a 60% chance so there is more room for failure this time. I am trying to prepare myself mental for the possibility it might not work the first time. Dr. R said this was a good thing for me to do.
There are two possible ways to administer a FET, there is the natural transfer and synthetic transfer. The only difference between the two is a natural goes with your own bodies ovulation cycle and a synthetic makes your body think it's ovulating then you thaw and implant the embryos'. Both have about the same success rate. We have chosen to go with the natural cycle because I don't want to give myself hormones unless I have to. Plus less shots and I rather watch my weight and not gain a hefty 15 lbs before I even get pregnant this time. :) I am down to my high school weight and this time I am going to watch what I eat and exercise a little more than I did with Easton. Which was nothing at all! LOL
So we are planning our transfer for May and if my cycle cooperates then we will be expecting at the end of January. I know your thinking another January baby but hey it has to work the first time and if it's a boy all Easton's clothing will fit :)
No comments:
Post a Comment