Over Halloween my parents came down with the last load of Marcus and Megan's items. They are officially moved in and settling in the Tri-Cities. It's great having family close by. We get together at least once a week and it's so nice having my family close by. Easton and Baylee have been bonding lots and are enjoying each other. I think it's going to be an awesome relationship. I never had my cousins live around me and it's something I have always wanted for Easton. Easton and Baylee will sit there and just talk away to each other and it's a joy for all of us to watch. Marcus is starting to get business lined up so before you know it he will be off and busier than ever. Megan is busy unpacking and taking care of Baylee, she is a great mom and wife. I admire her drive and at times I think to myself I don't know how she seems to get it all done.
My parents enjoyed being with the grand kids for their first trip to the pumpkin patch. Marcus and my dad weren't as excited and I think it was the two of them that ran for the pumpkins. The smaller ones that is so they didn't have to haul them all over the place. We took lots of pictures and we couldn't have gone on a more beautiful day. Grumpy ended up treating us all to pumpkins and a hay ride it will be a memory I will hold close to my heart. I think it was harder for my parents to leave at this visit knowing that they were leaving both their kids and both their grand kids. Hopefully this will encourage or help them officially decide on early retirement however they keep telling us two more years. Lets see who wins this battle. :)
Soon after the parents left Easton had some surgery done. When he was first born we had him circumcised but unfortunately the skin on the bottom part never detached so we decided to have him basically re-circumcised. This was a very hard decision as parents to make. The first challenge was the pediatric urologist he required children over 4 months to be put under. I wasn't so sure about this but after talking it over and lots of pray we decided to move forward. It was important to us that he didn't have pain and that the doctor could do a thorough and precise job. Easton was such a trooper and Josh and I survived. It took about 20 minutes but it was the longest 20 minutes of our lives! When he came to he wasn't such a happy baby. I think from just being a little loopy and the medications it was just all a little to much. Once we were released from the hospital and came home it took about another 30 minutes for him to really calm down. I have never experienced Easton crying for this long and I thought I was going to have a mental and emotional break down. The night before we had noticed Easton had a fever so to add to all the stress I was worried about him spiking another fever. Sure enough 2 hours after being home he woke up from a nap burning up. I checked his temp and it was 104, I frantically called the doctor and we rushed to the ER. It took us about 6 hours to get his fever under control and finally after lots of tears and persistence we got it to a manageable stage and were released. I started second guessing our decision. He was checked for HINI but it came back negative and there weren't any signs of infection so we were to wait it out. The following day his temperature was gone and he was back to his normal happy self. We saw his pediatrician two days later and were never really sure what caused the fever. Two days later we did notice that Easton had two new teeth that came in on top. Which makes 6 teeth total! The good thing is that his surgery was successful and things are looking great. This Friday we will have our finally checkup with the specialist and everything should be good to go. Phew because I don't know if I can handle that anymore! I told Josh GIRLS next time that is our only solution. LOL.
Easton is growing up so fast he is weighing in at 22 lbs and is 30 inches long. He is in the 70% for his weight and 90% for his height. He's wearing 18 month clothes and is hard to keep up with. I swear I get him once size then before I know it he's onto the next. He just started crawling! YES he's crawling. It's so much fun I know people think I am crazy but he's so cute when he crawls and he gets so excited to move to different areas of the house. We moved furniture and got the majority of the house baby proofed.
Josh is still pretty busy at work and still trying to fit in as much time as he can hunting and fishing. It's been a joy for me. LOL. I can't wait for the day when the boys go together. Josh gets so excited to show Easton his catches. It's so cute. Josh recently shaved his head and now look so much like Easton it's scary! I know there is no way our embryo's got mixed up he is defiantly our baby no questions about it!
I have been so busy at work. With the campaign about two months away from being about 90% done I feel like I am just doing United Way talks day in and day out. I love my job and what I do but at time the stress and schedule makes me second guess being at work. We are trying to save and budget (not something we are good at) to make some changes to this. I feel like Easton is getting so big so fast and were missing all the fun. Even though I am working three days a week some things have come up where I am needed more like 4 or even 5 days a week. Please pray for us and our family that we can possibly make some changes after the first of the year. This isn't an easy decision for me but it's time for me to put family first.
We are looking forward to having a quiet fall relaxing with family and friends. My friend Brittney just had Braxton Hunter Kluse, he came to this world weighing 9 lbs. He's adorable and I can't wait for the boys to grow and experience adventures together!
Jack Herrin, Conner Ball and Nick (our Godson) all have birthdays this month. These will be Easton's buddies for life along with Braxton. So November will be birthday month for us! We are so fortunate to have great friends!
Baylee is racking up the scales, lol








1 comment:
I cannot believe how big he is!! Sounds like you guys are having so much fun with him. And, don't worry so much about work - do what you need to do...it will all work out for the best. :)
Post a Comment