Monday, November 23, 2009

Struggling with the WHY?

This week has been bitter sweet for me. I am going to start with the bitter and move to the sweet....

Josh and I have often wondered why we struggled in trying to have children. I have asked God this question many times and I can honestly say I think for Josh and I it was to embrace the joy of being parents and to talk to other couples who are struggling.


I have had the opportunity to talk to many women about their struggles and help them along their journey. There is nothing more helpful then talking to someone else who has been through what your going through.

I recently have been talking to a friend who has been going through IVF. This past weekend she learned that her first IVF attempt failed. My heart just breaks to even imagine the pain her and her husband must be feeling. I started asking God my questions again, why? Why is it so hard for some women and so easy for others? Why are some women aborting their babies and yet you won't allow those of us who really want to become mothers, mothers? I think this is one topic God and I will have to have sitting face to face because I just don't get it!

One thing I do know is for those of us who have the PRIVILEGE and BLESSING of being parents is to remember that it is a GIFT and the most important gift that we will ever receive! Even in those moments of frustration remember there are people out there that dream on being in our shoes. At times I forget what a blessing it is to be a mom and then when I see Easton looking at me with those big brown eyes I remember how blessed I truly am.

This week as we all celebrate Thanksgiving please be thankful for your husbands, children and families. To my friend, I am sending you the gift of hope and pray that in 2010 your dreams and of becoming a mother come true. I am praying for you and for all the other couples struggling at this time.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Amen! You said that so well and it is so true!

margi said...

Your post left my in tears. You are so special to me and I can't thank you enough for the support. xoxo