Monday, March 2, 2009

It's just GAS!

Easton is officially 6 weeks old! Can you believe it? It seems like yesterday I was still pregnant and now my little man is sleeping quietly in his pack and play. It's amazing how fast time goes by, at times I want everything to stop so I don't miss it. Then again I am looking forward to sleeping through the night!

Easton has been cranky at times and I finally figured it out...GAS! My poor boy has been letting them rip like his daddy, LOL. Then after two whole days of not going poo he finally went this morning. Let me tell you... BLOW OUT! Within seconds I had one happy smiling boy. I think it's from the formula we switched him to. I have been supplementing with formula because I can't seem to keep up with my little piglet and the iron in the formula seems to be clogging my man. With a little more breast milk I think we can tackle this problem. I tell you there is so much to learn when having children. We all eventually figure it out, right?

This week is very low key. I am trying to get Easton on schedule so I can start transitioning back to work in two weeks. I am not looking forward to going back to work but I have to give it a try. I wish our country was more like Canada and gave women a whole year before having to go back to work. I guess we can only wish!

WE love you all and miss you tons, hope everyone has a great week!



Here is Easton sleeping in his pack and play, he always snuggles into his blankets, it always scares me that he's going to suffocate himself. No worries he's still breathing here I checked after I took the picture. :) I don't know if you can tell here but after losing his hair on the top off his head he's finally growing some new stubble! It looks like we gave him a buzz cut on the top. No worries he is still as handsome as ever with or without hair!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Aren't they so much fun. Just wait, it only gets more fun as they get older and start interacting with you. Preslie is getting to be so much fun, then again she is starting to realize that I am putting her down and she gets mad about that. Fun,Fun!

Leigh and Craig said...

He is sooooo adorable. I'm so excited to meet him and to have my own. We find out what we're having on the 11th of this month. Hopefully, you won't have the only boy!

The Burdo Family said...

You probably don't know who I am, we went to high school together but I was a few years younger, you were closer in age to my brother Cameron Watts.

Anyways, I just wanted to comment that I had problems breast feeding at first and had to pump for the first month. Our son was soo gassy and uncomfortable, I switched to Dr. Browns bottles and it was a miracle how much his gas improved. I would totally recomend them. And once we switched to formula, the iron bothered his stomach too so I tried Nestle Good Start, the gentle kind until he was used to formula and now he is fine on the Kirkland brand.

Babies are so hard and I loved getting advice on what worked for other moms so I thought I would let you know! Congrats on your adorable baby!