I was unsure as to what was really going on so I didn’t ask any questions. I just figured our nurse would call us and let us know how things were going. When we got the call later from Karen she mentioned that it was bad news but that Dr. R. wasn’t going to “cancel” us yet. I freaked out when I heard the “c” word. How could we be canceled already when we haven’t even started? Karen said that I was over suppressed and that my ovaries were too quiet, Dr. R might want to start over and not put me on the pill at all next time. This would keep my ovaries going so I won’t be suppressed as much. She said that it’s important not to stress although it’s hard not to. We have to just take one day at a time.
Our first hurdle will be Friday, April 18th. I have my next blood work done to see if my hormone levels are alright. If things are good then I will start the Follistim and continue to take the meds until Monday, April 21st. On Monday I will have an ultrasound where we will have to see more follicles. If the follies aren’t growing then we will have to cancel this cycle. I have to just take one day at a time.
It’s hard to be helpless and totally out of control. As much as I would love to just fix my body there is absolutely nothing I can do. I have to just take one thing at a time. This is by far the hardest thing for me to do!
My girlfriend Wendi came to visit me this morning and she brought me a gift. It’s a green piggy bank and she said every time you start to worry you have to put money in the bank. I laughed and said our baby is going to be rich before he/she is even here! My boss came running into my office and put 3 bucks worth of quarter in the bank. I guess I am not the only one who is worried.

Today after work, Belinda and I are heading up to Spokane to pick up my Mom at the Spokane airport. Jessica (sister in law) is coming down on Friday after school and the “girls” are going to have a Spoakne weekend getaway. My mom will go with me on Friday and have the opportunity to see the center and possibly meet Dr. R. It’s also the Women of Faith conference so we are going to attend the conference as well. This will help me with my doubting faith in God and give me that fix I have been searching for.
My request to all of you at this time is PRAYER. We need all we can get at this point. We appreciate all your support and we will keep you posted as go. We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment