Friday, January 14, 2011
Praying for a Blessing...
Christmas day was also an exciting day for us because we started meds for our final round of IVF. If you recall in May we did a FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) and unfortunately we didn't get pregnant. This time around we are going through the same process as we did in May but with the remaining 4 embryo's that we have. FET's are much less invasive because they aren't retrieving your eggs. Instead they suppress your follicles so they don't mature at the same time they are trying to build your uterine lining so it's all fluffy and nice for an embryo to implant. I have been giving myself Lupron shots in my tummy for the past 3 weeks in order to keep my follicles from growing and just last week started giving myself pills to help my lining thicken. It's amazing how you can trick and manipulate your body. I will be honest it isn't fun and though it may be easier than a full fresh cycle it still sucks! My tummy is sore and swollen, I am emotional (well more than usual :)) and am so tired all the time. Josh is so supportive and keeps reminding me to stay positive. I know in the end it is so worth it but I just wished that I nor anyone had to go through it all. Please pray for us we are hoping to have a transfer on the 28th. The important dates are the 27th which is when they will start thawing the 4 embryo's so the first step is that we have a healthy embryo to transfer then the actual transfer day will be the 28th. We are praying for some exciting news to happen in the Murphy household.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying and sending positive thoughts your way. We love you!!
Post a Comment