I was recently promoted at United Way as the Director of Resource Development. I was so excited when I found out about this opportunity and I was honored that they asked me to take the position. I started at United Way seven years ago as an intern and then slowly moved from an associate, to a manger and now a director! I can honestly say I never expected to get here this fast but wow I have been so blessed and challenge throughout the years it's a true honor. Of course with the new title comes additional responsibilities. I am now managing two full time staff people and am overseeing the entire United Way campaign. Last year we raised 4.4 million dollars in our small knit community and this year we are hoping to reach 4.7 mil. I have big shoes to fill and would love for me first year in this position to reach the 5 mil mark! I guess it's good to have stretch goals and dreams but hey I really think we can eventually get there.
Josh has also had great strides with work. He was recently asked to attend a training in the CA area to become a trainer for crane operations for the Union Training Center here. That means he will start teaching other electricians how to operate heavy equip in our area. For the union to think and ask him to do this is a huge honor and will help him further his leadership skills. I am so proud and excited for him.
Hopefully we will have just as much sucess in the family planning arena as we have had with our careers. Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment