Josh and I did the whole peep talk to each other in regards to flying over 6 hours with a 17 month old. Might I add a very busy one at that. We promised we wouldn't freak out at each other and if worst case we would just purchase drinks for those around us and drink ourselves. Luckily we had probably one of the best behaved travelers out there. I don't know if it's because of his tubes or all the prayers but he was AMAZING. He loved flying! He meet lots of people and we even had people asking us if they could hold him. Hey what can I say miracles happen everyday! Since coming home from our trip he points to the air every time he hears a plane and he loves reading books about planes, maybe he'll be a pilot?
Seeing family and friends was the highlight of the trip for us. We stayed in beautiful house right on a lake. My brother and his wife and daughter, my parents, Grandma, and Josh, Easton and I all stayed in the house. We didn't even touch the daylight basement that is until the tornado arrived, YES I said TORNADO!
Our friends Kate and Joel live in Ohio and came up for three days to see us and to hang out. Thankfully they were with us the whole time otherwise this story might be totally different! We left my cousins house after dinner and were headed to the lake house when a storm warning came over the radio, I asked Joel who was driving if this is normal and he said yes and to not worry everything would be fine. When we got to the house Megan (my SIL) and I decided to give Easton and Baylee a bath well... while the kids were bathing the power went off and then came back on so we decided to make it a fast bath. Right after we got the kids out Kate very calmly said we need to go to the basement. I thought well why? Oh yeah the sirens were going off and the tornado was coming. I also peed my pants but kept it together for Easton. Where was Josh? Oh he was peeing in the front yard after drinking at my cousins house. Oh and when he arrived in the basement he brought the important things like his Jim Beam! Goodness what did I marry? LOL. The storm was pretty fast just lots of wind and the rain fell super hard. The hardest and most annoying part was the power was out and didn't come back until early in the morning. Summer nights are very hot so we all slept in as minimal clothes as possible! If you were wondering my parent and Grandma were driving home while all this was going on. They were pretty lucky! In the morning you could really see all the damage to the roads, homes and boat docks. I am so happy Kate and Joel were there to tell us and show us where to go. In case you didn't know sitting in the bay window isn't where your suppose to go. LOL That's where I headed at first.
One thing I am fascinated with is the Amish community in Indiana. They ride these buggies with horses pulling them and don't believe in electricity. CRAZY! I took a few pictures but didn't want to offend them at the same time. :)
Here are some highlighted pictures.

Gramie and Grumpy with the grandkids
The five brothers...my poor grandma kept trying for that girl and this is what she got. :)
Easton wanting to go to the lake
The house my parents rented for a week it was amazing!
Easton pulling the decor off the tables...
Kate and Josh hanging out on the deck.
Easton and Baylee after a long hot walk

Josh fishing with all the guys, oh dear....
Easton and Baylee on the airplaneWatchen the planes come and go


No comments:
Post a Comment