Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life it's been one crazy ride.

I am sorry it's been so long since I have posted anything. Life has brought us some ups and downs the last few weeks but we are defiantly on the up hill slide.

Christmas was a mixture of emotions for me this year. Being that it was Easton's first Christmas we made the best out of a difficult time. My Grandpa Hoffman became ill right before Christmas and ended up going to heaven on Christmas day. It was extremely hard for being that I had just seen him three months prior at Marcus and Megan's wedding, he was healthy and doing so well. He ended up getting an infection in his toe that spread to his blood stream and then ended up attacking his kidney's and other organs. He was 85 and lived a wonderful life. He was a very influential person in our lives and is truly going to be missed.

We were blessed with many gifts over the holiday's. I think the best gift of all way just having the opportunity to be with our families. Christmas Eve Josh and I took Easton to Children's Mass and then went to Chinese food it's our tradition and we had a great time. Following dinner we headed home to open presents and enjoy each other. Easton liked tearing the wrapping paper so it was fun to watch. Christmas Day we went to Grandma and Grandpa Money's house. We ate and ate and enjoyed opening gifts with each other. On Saturday the Murphy clan came over to our house and we exchanged gifts and ate some delicious homemade lasagna that Josh made. Sunday my parents arrived from Utah and ended up staying for the week. It was great seeing all the family and spending time together.

Easton has been so busy and into everything. He know crawls the stairs and loves getting into things that he knows he's not suppose to. He started throwing tantrums so it's been slightly challenging for me. Josh is much more patient that I am. Who would have thought :). Easton seems to enlighten me with the fits and Josh not so much. I think I need to grow some thicker skin but you know me I am a push over. For New Years we played it low key and went to some friends house for the night. We got a horrible ice storm with freezing rain that evening so we decided a sleep over was the best bet. I made it until 12:15, I know I am a big fat loser! Josh however made it until like 3:15 so at least one of us still has some stamina.

I ended up flying out to Indiana on the 7th for the memorial service of my Grandpa. I left Josh and Easton at home for 5 days and 4 nights. I was amazed at how well Josh and Easton did together. The house was picked up and all clean and Easton was still breathing and attached to his daddy like no other. The guys ended up having a great weekend together! I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband. You know what this mean for me, vacations and get aways here I come! LOL. I missed the boys so much it was very hard being away from the two of them. I guess it makes you appreciate everything you have. The trip to Indiana was wonderful. It was great seeing family and the service was something I will never forget. My Grandpa was a Superior Court of Appeals Judge for the State of Indiana he was a humble, honest and a very well liked man. At the memorial about 25 Judges walked down and they even had bailiffs in uniform there. Listening to all his accomplishment made me admire him even more. It is a good feeling to know that he's in heaven and enjoying every moment! I can't wait to see him again and I know we will.

To top this whole post off Easton is turning ONE this Sunday. I can't believe last year I was huge and so uncomfortable and now I have the most amazing little man who is almost ONE! Where does the time go? I will post pictures of the birthday party this weekend and I will tell you all about it.

Here is to a good 2010, to health, happiness and lots of love.


WARNING: I do not abuse my child, he normally doesn't do this and I did end up stopping him, eventually. I will add that my father was watching him when he began doing this! BOYS!




Easton and Papa flying

Jessica and her snowboarding helmet, her dad takes such good care of her!

Look Grandma what I got!

Daddy and Easton at dinner Christmas Eve

5 comments:

Nick and Brittany said...

What a cute post! I am so sorry about your grandfather passing away. It sounds like he lived a wonderful life and accomplished so much! I'm glad you had the opportunity to fly out to his service. Kudo's to Josh for being a single dad for a few days. Kudo's to Easton for surviving without his momma!

Your Christmas sounded wonderful as well. I love your tradition of church then chinese food. Almost reminds me of The Christmas Story. Did you have any duck? ;)

The video cracked me up. Avery tries SO hard to get to the dog dishes and dog toys. It is a daily struggle to try and avoid the situation, but sometimes you just have to let it be!

I hope you have a wonderful party for your Little Man!

Love you guys! You two are such great examples and I miss you a ton! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I love the video! That is tooo cute. That will be a good one to show to his girlfriends in Highschool. LOL.

Hayz and Jer Bear said...

Oh, that is so funny that Easton likes Cabela's water! TK hasn't found Reba's bowls yet....Ahhhhh!!

So sorry about your grandfather, but happy to know he is safe and comfortable and you were able to help celebrate his good life!

And.......all I can say is......you LUCKY lady! A safe and happy child along with a clean house after 5 days......Josh is truly amazing!

Love ya

Erika + Sean said...

OMG! I was laughing so hard at that video that Sean came running in to see if I was crying! That was hilarious!! :)

So sorry to hear about your Grandfather. But it sounds like you made the best out of it. Have fun celebrating your little man's b-day. Wish we could be there!

Emily said...

I am so sorry about you Grandpa. That must have been so hard on Christmas. You were in my prayers!!!

Ok...that video of Easton cracked me up! He is hilarious! I watched Grace put a piece of dog food in her mouth and then make an awful face. It was hilarious. She likes to splash in the dog water, but has not tried to drink it yet.

I hope you had a great birthday party! I love you all!!!