Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Exciting News!!

Yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound. I was so nervous and I just kept praying that everything was going to look and be OK with baby Murphy. Josh on the other hand started debating with himself as to if we should or shouldn't find out the sex. I told him I wanted to know but that if he didn't then I wasn't going to press the issue. After about 5 minutes of talking about it we decided to just wait and see if we could see anything and then go from there. As I laid there waiting for the tech to come in my anticipation grew and grew. The tech was laughing at us because we told her "if you see what the sex is please tell us that you know and then we will decided at that moment if we want to know or if we can tell." She just smiled and said O.K. (I am sure she had heard this before)!

As the tech started the ultrasound my heart was racing....after about 1 minute into the ultrasound she said "I know" Josh replied with "so do I". I laid there thinking oh my what is it. Josh said "it's a girl" and I looked at him and said "it's a boy" and then the tech asked us if she was suppose to tell us and Josh said "YES your suppose to tell us". She then said "it's a BOY"! I looked over at Josh and his eyes just filled with tears and then I started crying. WE'RE HAVING A BOY!

After a few minutes when the shock just set in Josh looked at me and said "that was just as good as waiting another 20 weeks to find out during delivery". I can tell you the moment when we find out we were having a boy is a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life. It was priceless Josh's excitment and joy was just overwellming for me. I can honestly said I have never seen him so happy in my life. We were sure it was a girl this whole time our little man was being referred to as a girl. No worries he's defiantly 110% a boy no doubt in any of our minds.

To this day I still don't know why I thought it was a boy at that moment I guess I just decided to guess opposite of Josh. We have decided to name him Easton Dean Murphy. Easton after a baseball bat and Dean after my father. We are so excited we can hardly stand it. Josh is already singing the Chicago Cubs 7th inning stretch song to him while he rest in my tummy. Josh also informed me that at the age of 4 Easton can start t-ball. It's amazing what God has blessed us with. I am so excited to have a little Murphy. I will be loved by two boys and I will have two boys to love and hold forever, honestly life can't get any better.

Here are a few picutres of the handsomest little boy ever! Ladies wait in line he's mine for now!











5 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats baby boy Murphy! We are so happy for you!!!!!!!!!

The Love Family said...

OGM, I am in tears! Praise God that all of your efforts have come to this spectacular moment. Congratulations on your baby boy. I wish you all the best :)

Leigh and Craig said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and so happy for baby boy!

The Elliott's said...

Congratulations. I remember my ultrasound, they weren't for sure it was a girl but they thought it probably was. I swear it was going to be a boy even after the ultra sound, but I have a beautiful girl. I am so happy for you. This is going to be the best time of your lives. Cherish every moment.

Julie

Katie said...

Sarah,
You are such a beautiful pregnant lady!!!! I love your belly!. I also love the name Easton, what a cute name. We cant wait to meet him.