3/12/08
My nurse coordinator sent us the schedule for April. I didn’t realize that I had to be in Spokane as much as I do. At times I think it’s a little overwhelming to think about the travel. I keep asking myself “can I really do this”, I know I can and I will!
We are so blessed that Wendi and Matt introduced us to the Burtons, Katie and Brian. They have offered to let us stay at their house while we go through the whole process. Their house is 5 minutes away from Dr. R office. We call it the Burton Hotel. Wendi and I swear it’s nicer than most hotels! Thank God for great friends and support.
The plan is to start April 13th. If my hormone levels are where they should be I will start medications on April 18th. Then I will go in for follow up ultrasounds (u/s) and blood work (bw) to watch my ovaries grow while I take my stimulating injections. On April 21st, 23rd , 25th , 26th , 27th , and 28th they will check my bw and give me an u/s. It’s important to be monitored closely because my medications can cause me to get ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), which occurs when a woman’s ovaries are over stimulated. The ovaries may become enlarged and cause discomfort, and can lead to serious medical complications. Symptoms of OHSS include excessive fluid retention and severe abdominal discomfort. Some women have to be hospitalized! Dr. R monitors you closely to prevent this from happening.
The most important day will be the egg retrieval (ER) date. We are looking at the 29th of April if my body responds and takes to all the medications. After five days the eggs that are fertilized (embryos) will be transferred back. We are thinking the embryo transfer (ET) will occur on May 4th.
All these dates and all these different phases! I will walk you through our journey one step at a time.
For the time being I am just preparing for Akumal, Mexico. I have working out, visiting the tanning booth and planning out what I am going take and wear. I honestly don’t think we could have planned a better time to take this trip. We are leaving in eight days and a wake up! I can’t wait!
3 comments:
WOW! I was not aware you had to go through all this. I am sorry for your struggles. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as always. You two will be WONDERFUL parents when you do get pregnant! I love you and GOD BLESS YOU!
Hi Sweetie! I am so sorry about your struggle to get pregnant. Craig and I are struggling as well. We have been trying now for about a year and a half with no help from doctor's. It looks like we will start getting tested soon. I can't believe you said eight days and a wake up! I still say that because of you! I love you and Josh so much. Good luck!
Post a Comment