I decided to take Easton to Utah one last time before I have to buy him his own seat on a flight and before things at work got totally out of hand. It was a great weekend! Josh ended up staying here due to his project with the windmills. Selfishly it was perfect because I got my parents all to myself and so did Easton. He loves hanging out with my parents. My mom goes to all these garage sales and finds these amazing toys. She gave Easton a train set that he just can't get enough of. He calls it his cho-cho and plays with it every night for hours.
My mom and I took Easton to the Children's Museum at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake, it was truly unreal and so much bigger and nicer than ours at home. Easton ran in there and was just in awe with all the toys. The great part about this place is that it's at the mall so while Gramie and Easton played I got to shop! I figured I would get a phone call a few hours into shopping that it was time to head out but nope I ended up having to track them down. They played for 6 hours! Easton didn't cry once he was just so excited and happy to be there! My mom was so funny because she wanted to buy a membership I had to remind her that we don't live there and it would be a waste of money. I think she may of had even more fun than he did. I think the staff at the museum loved Gramie as well because she would go in to the different areas and organize while she played with Easton. Gotta love that she was doing there job for them!
On Friday evening I went to dinner with three of my sorority sisters from college, Jessica (Clucker), Erica and Heidi. It was great seeing them and catching up. You know you have great friends when you can go years without seeing each other and catch up right where you left off. We shared lots of laughs and shared our life challenges. It was the perfect ending to a great day.
Grandpa ended up taking us to Cabela's Sporting Good store in Lehi. I know your all thinking that doesn't sound like fun but remember I have a little guy who is 100% boy. He loved it! The fish feeding area was his favorite and all the stuffed animals. God help me I hope he decides to hike and not hunt I already have a hunter that I'm married to and having stuffed creatures and antlers around my house just isn't my thing! :)
On Sunday we meet up with two of my other sorority sisters and their kids at the Dinosaur Park. It was a perfect day and so good to finally meet Gracie (Emily's daughter) and Isabelle (Leigh's daughter) all my sorority sisters have girls, go figure but there are a few of us with boys. Majority rules with the girls so Easton has lots of girlfriends in Utah! The kids loved running around and chasing each other. It was great to catch up and once again an end to the perfect day. I am so blessed to have such great friends!
The weekend was so much fun and it was hard leaving but helped knowing my parents were heading up to Washington in two weeks following our visit. Easton loved hanging out with my parents, playing with all their toys, and feeding the ducks on the lake they live on. I wish there was more time so we could go back more often but hopefully this spring we can make that happen again. That is if we can afford to fly three of us back there! Oh and thinking about driving makes me seriously sick to my stomach it's 10 hours!!!! We are crazy so you never know!
Here are some highlights....
My mom and I took Easton to the Children's Museum at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake, it was truly unreal and so much bigger and nicer than ours at home. Easton ran in there and was just in awe with all the toys. The great part about this place is that it's at the mall so while Gramie and Easton played I got to shop! I figured I would get a phone call a few hours into shopping that it was time to head out but nope I ended up having to track them down. They played for 6 hours! Easton didn't cry once he was just so excited and happy to be there! My mom was so funny because she wanted to buy a membership I had to remind her that we don't live there and it would be a waste of money. I think she may of had even more fun than he did. I think the staff at the museum loved Gramie as well because she would go in to the different areas and organize while she played with Easton. Gotta love that she was doing there job for them!
On Friday evening I went to dinner with three of my sorority sisters from college, Jessica (Clucker), Erica and Heidi. It was great seeing them and catching up. You know you have great friends when you can go years without seeing each other and catch up right where you left off. We shared lots of laughs and shared our life challenges. It was the perfect ending to a great day.
Grandpa ended up taking us to Cabela's Sporting Good store in Lehi. I know your all thinking that doesn't sound like fun but remember I have a little guy who is 100% boy. He loved it! The fish feeding area was his favorite and all the stuffed animals. God help me I hope he decides to hike and not hunt I already have a hunter that I'm married to and having stuffed creatures and antlers around my house just isn't my thing! :)
On Sunday we meet up with two of my other sorority sisters and their kids at the Dinosaur Park. It was a perfect day and so good to finally meet Gracie (Emily's daughter) and Isabelle (Leigh's daughter) all my sorority sisters have girls, go figure but there are a few of us with boys. Majority rules with the girls so Easton has lots of girlfriends in Utah! The kids loved running around and chasing each other. It was great to catch up and once again an end to the perfect day. I am so blessed to have such great friends!
The weekend was so much fun and it was hard leaving but helped knowing my parents were heading up to Washington in two weeks following our visit. Easton loved hanging out with my parents, playing with all their toys, and feeding the ducks on the lake they live on. I wish there was more time so we could go back more often but hopefully this spring we can make that happen again. That is if we can afford to fly three of us back there! Oh and thinking about driving makes me seriously sick to my stomach it's 10 hours!!!! We are crazy so you never know!
Here are some highlights....
What are you looking at Dino?
I made it to the top!
Kissing the Dino's behind...
Izzy loves to swing!
Ummm... no on the picture!
Dangerous Creatures!Gracie Woods

One of Easton's girlfriends

Leigh, Emily, and me
Feeding the ducks with Gramie



No comments:
Post a Comment