Thursday, June 10, 2010

The summer is arriving!

It's time for an uplifting post and we have so many things that we're excited about and to be thankful for we can't wait to share them with you!


First off the weather is starting to turn around and warm up. When I mean warm up I mean in the 90's! This is one of my favorite times of the year and being that I live outside now with Easton this might just help me with my tan. Don't worry I always wear sunscreen! Now that Easton has tubes in his ears it has been a little challenging trying to keep his plugs in. He is so stubborn (he gets this from his dad LOL) that he pulls them out. I end up am chasing him down. It wouldn't be so bad but he dunks his head under water so we are working on it. :)


Easton has been such a helper around the house. I have found to make things easier on myself I just request that he helps mama and it truly amazes me to see that first off he understands what I ask him to do and then he does it! For example he knows to go outside we have to have shoes and a coat so instead of getting them for him I ask him to get them. Sure enough he gets his shoes and coat and brings them to me. I love it he's so smart and loves to be a part of things. He now wipes his own face and hands after eating. I always do a mommy clean to check but I first let him have a stab at it. He loves to be independent! He even helps me with the vacuuming and dusting and he gets so excited to help. On the other hand there are times when I wished he weren't so independent like when he eats push ups or yogurt and it gets everywhere, trust me you can't help! When you go to daycare and he has to walk himself to the door and then just turns and waves bye to you. What happened to the loven on momma part before I leave? Instead he's running inside and waving bye to his taxi driver! He is talking so much more and saying hard words like, Layla and banana. He can show you where his ears, nose, mouth, head and belly button are. He also can point to people when you ask him where someone is. Sometimes I am both mommy and daddy but he knows. :)


This past weekend we decided to go on an adventure, CAMPING! For those of you who know me camping is NOT one of my strong points and with a toddler we just say it was an adventure. Easton loves camping being outdoors is that boys thing! Me not so much! First off his naps were very limited were talking 45 mins max so come 8 at night that boy was so tired it wasn't hard getting him down but at 6 in the morning he was ready to go! Josh and I were exhausted come Sunday night when we returned. We did agree that next time we go camping we need a motor home!


This next week we are heading to Indiana to attend a Hoffman family reunion. We are staying at a lake house with my parents, my brother, his family and my Grandma Louise. I am so excited for the realization and I hope the guys catch lots of fish. We will be gone from the 19 of June until the 26th. My girlfriend Kate and her husband Joel are coming up to stay the night they live in Ohio so it's a double treat for us to see them. I promise lots of pictures to follow so stay tuned!


The 26th of June, Josh and I are celebrating our 6th year wedding anniversary. I am such a lucky woman to have such an amazing man in my life. Easton has the best daddy ever. So many blessing!


Easton fell asleep holding onto the wheel of the boat, he loves to drive or at least pretend.

Grandma and Easton having a snack, he was leaning like her, he loves to copy what others do.

Easton eating a push up all by himself, ugh the mess but you can't help!



Easton helping me vacuum the house.

3 comments:

Lindsey and David said...

He's gotten so big. And so good looking! Just like his daddy :).

About your daycare comment - I'm waiting for the day for Hadley to recognize that I am leaving. And start crying. But she never does. SHE ONLY COMPLETELY DEPENDS ON ME!

Erika + Sean said...

OMG - he's so big! Looks like you are having a lot of fun this summer (camping and all). :)

sarah fuccillo photography said...

okay, you'll have to teach me how you got easton to like vacuuming. i could use the help around here from justus ;)