Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And the waiting begins

Josh and I have been busy preparing and trying to add to our family. On May 15th we headed up to Spokane for our last blood work apt with Dr. R and actually transfer on the 17th. We decided to make a last weekend retreat with each other in the hopes that we would soon be pregnant! Positive thoughts all the way!



We arrived on Saturday evening, Easton is staying with Papa Murphy and Aunt Jessica while we stay in Spokane for a few days. When we got to the Davenport we noticed a majority of the streets were closed downtown to our surprise the Lilac parade was going on. It was fun to watch right from our hotel room. We ended up eating lots of great food, did some major shopping and just enjoying talking with each other. I noticed we constantly were holding hands and it just one of those times where you felt really close to your spouse. The evening of the 15th I hardly slept I was so nervous about my blood work and making sure that everything was going to be ok. I was stressing about everything and anything. Josh tried every technique that he knew how to calm me down but somewhere between 3 and 4 in the morning I finally feel asleep. My blood work ended up being perfect so I worried for nothing! Go figure see worrying about things that are out of your control do you no good!



We were all set for our May 17th transfer and we were instructed to arrive at 9:30 a.m. Josh and I were up and showered ready to go at 7 we hit breakfast first and then headed to the Center. Dr. R came in and informed us that they thawed 5 embryo's and only 2 survived but the two that made it were perfect and he gave each of them a 50/50 chance. We decided to transfer both since we did two with Easton and only got pregnant with one we felt save doing it again. I was upset in thinking that three didn't make it. In my heart I felt a loss for what those embryos potentially had. Easton was once an embryo and the thought of three other Eastons leaving just broke my heart. I have to look at it in the sense that those babies wouldn't have survived in me either so it's ok. No we hope and pray for another miracle that one or both of these babies will take. I want so bad for Easton to have a sibling. It's all up to God and his will for us as a family. I have to let go and leave my hands open to him.


Babies I am trying everything I can to provide you with the best home. Please know that we want you more than anything. Your big brother Easton would love to share his toys and play with you. Please be strong and hold on, were in this together.

No comments: