Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Large and In Charge!

It has been over two weeks since I posted anything and I am sorry! We have been busy with the everyday life happenings that I haven't found the time.

We celebrated Easton's 1st Birthday! Can you believe I have a child who is one. It blows my mind but what an amazing year it has been. Watching Easton grow and learn is truly amazing. Thanks to all our family and friends who helped make it such a success!

We had his one year check up and Easton weighed in at 26.2 lbs, and 30.5 inches. To think one year ago he was only 7lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long. We have one big boy on our hands. He is in the 75% for weight and 90% for height. His pediatrician said we have one BIG boy here! He can now start having milk instead of formula we are in transition. He likes normal milk but you still have to warm it up! :) Our pediatrician suggested skim or 1% instead of whole milk. She said he doesn't need the fat content in the whole milk and research shows that is the only difference in whole verses others. We decided to go with it plus we don't have to buy special milk for the monkey since we drink 1%. Before you start freaking out about Easton's brain development, trust me we did the research and were good to go with the 1%. It's funny how at first you listen and ask for advice from others and then after time you trust yourself enough to do your own thing. I guess I could consider myself the expert now. LOL I am dying laughing at myself right now. I am by far no expert but I can say that I love being a mom and this past year has made me feel that I am a good one. I should say I am by far not perfect but keep in mind my child survived a whole year under my care. :)

Easton is still not walking but he will walk along side everything, it will be any day now that he is going to just take off. He loves to read books, and greeting cards especially ones that sing. He drives his trucks everywhere and anywhere. He loves to open cupboards and pull everything out. We recently had to baby proff the kitchen no worries he knows which cupboards daddy didn't tack down. He loves to climb the stairs and is learning how to go down, he can climb the coach and slide off all my himself. Easton is so happy all the time unless he is tired or hungry, you always know when he needs something. He is obsessed with cell phones and remotes and he knows the difference between the fake and real ones!

To sum it all up. What am amazing year it has been for our family. Easton has brought more joy and laughter to our lives than we could have ever imagined. Thanks to all our family and friends for all your support. We love you all. Hopefully we can add another little Murphy to our clan in the near future.

He's drinking real milk!



The birthday party I think the parents worked out harder than the kids. :)





Easton reading his cards!


He loved the cake!




One year later!



This is Jaycer bugs she couldn't make the party so she brought Easton over a gift early. It was a pop up tent and OMG he loves it!


After a year of growing hair we can make a spike!

GO COLTS!




Easton helping Daddy fix the potty! YUCKY! He loves to help daddy with everything. Such a boy.

Playing with Baylee his cousin and Uncle Marcus.

Play dates with Hadley and Layla.

Grandma Cindy got him new jams he loves them yeah these are sized 2T, I told you his was big!


3 comments:

Erika + Sean said...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun. I can't believe how big Easton is! And, I swear, he just keep getting cuter. Love the pic with cake all over his face - darling!

margi said...

Time flies when you're having fun huh? What a cutie pie!

Nick and Brittany said...

Your party looks like it was SO much fun! I can't believe he's one! That is so great that he loves milk. I'm a bit worried since my little stinker is so picky.

I can't wait for you guys to add another cutie to your family. Easton is so darling and looks like such a happy little boy. (I guess I can't call him a baby anymore.)

You guys are such great parents and are doing a fabulous job. Miss and love you kiddo's!