Monday, April 6, 2009

Easton is a BIG boy!

What an amazing, busy week we have had. Trying to balance work and family can be so challenging at times but in the end family out weighs it all! In watching these videos you will see why having a baby is the most wonderful thing in the world. Please excuse how ridiculous I sound but when I talk to my baby boy and he laugh I am willing to do anything!

Easton is now moved into his crib. He's such a BIG boy! We no longer have a co sleeper in our room. I have to be honest I think the transition was much harder on mom than anyone else. Around the same time that I quit pumping we decided to move Easton into his room and for me it was too much all at once. I felt as though I was no longer feeding my son and now was abandoning him in his room. So in the middle of the night I would wake up go into his room get him while he was still sleeping and bring him back into the co-sleeper. Josh would wake up in the morning look at me and say what is he doing in here? I would simply shrug my shoulders and say he was scared. I didn't know what else to say but the truth was I missed looking at him as he slept and I missed hearing him breath. As the week progressed I got better and better until finally on Friday night he slept the whole night in his crib. Even though I still miss him in our room I know he is safe and happy in his crib. There is nothing better to waking up to your baby's voice as he is talking to his mobile and laughing. Its the best alarm clock out there and something I am going to cherish forever. If I could record his voice through the monitor I would because it's the best sound and I don't ever want to forget it. Easton is getting so big so fast it's almost though I am living someone elses life. After having such a hard time conceiving and now looking at the most beautiful baby ever it just seems serial and I don't know if I will ever be able to grasp just how amazing life truly is.

The weather this weekend was absolutely amazing. The sun was out and I believe the temp was in the mid 70's. On Sunday Josh got out the lawn furniture and placed Easton on the table so he could "watch" daddy work on the boat. Easton is your typical boy and he loves playing outside. He was just talking away and laughing. I am so excited about all the adventures we will experience with Easton this summer. If the weather is nice this coming weekend we plan on taking Easton out on the boat for his first boat ride. Josh is dying to take us out so hopefully the weather will be just as excited! LOL

So here we are on another week. This is an important week for Easton friend Tatum who is having heart surgery this Friday. We are all praying for her and her parents and the doctors in Seattle. Tatum is such a strong girl and she is going to be a winner in this race. We love you Tatum.

Here are the some shots of our growing boy and as I said before the video that shows just how great having a baby is. I hope his laugh is as contagiuos to you as they are to us.


Just chillen watching daddy work on the boat outside.

This is the smallest hat I have for Easton and it is still big on him!

This outfit is from Belinda's friend Sue, it's so cute but as you can see the hat is swimming on his little noodle, no worries he doesn't care!

Here is Easton laughing away.



3 comments:

The "J' Eder Family said...

I LOVE HIM, he is really talking to you, that is adorable. We need to hang out with him for a day!

Emily said...

I love the videos! They made me giggle a lot!!!

Megan and Marcus said...

Marcus and I watched that video of him about three times! we got a kick out of it. I can't believe how big he is already getting can't wait to see you two!